Tibet - Prologue

Between June 11th and July 17th I was in China to join a botanical expedition as a mycologist. The project was funded by the MacArthur Foundation, not just to collect plants, but also to foster the education, exchange and discovery of the eastern Himalayan flora, specifically, Tibet.

I had intended to publish my adventures and experiences during the trip. Unfortunately, I was introduced to China’s restriction on free speech and was unable to access this blog during my entire stay there. However, there is always a work-around. Instead of publishing directly, I maintained a journal of parts of my trip on my computer, with the idea that I would publish them upon my return.

Anyway, I’m home now... Have been for several weeks. Of course on top of moving into a new apartment in a new city, getting up to date with the progress of the summer intern, taking off again for another conference, and many other distractions, it’s hard to find the time to settle down and get this blog published.

But sooner is always better, so check in over the next few weeks as I publish my accounts. I’ll publish them at about a rate of one a day or so. Just tune in now an again to check out the latest tale from my trip in Tibet.

Andy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Postcards from Malaysia IV: The Borneo Blog.

Tibet 1.9 - Lhasa at last - June 3rd 2009

Postcards from Malaysia part 1: Stinkhorns and tigers and bureaucrats oh my!