Week 6 – Accumulating the miles, dropping the pounds. July 1-6th.

 

 

 


I’m feeling better about the miles I’m adding on. I can remember the start of getting back in running conditioning and when running a 12+ min/mile pace would make me feel like fainting. Now I’m able to stretch several miles together at a sub 11 min/mile pace and feel strong.

I’m also encouraged to see how much this has coincided with a drop in weight. I’ve lost over 10 pounds in the last couple months. At my worst weight, I was a little north of 210. Because I tend to pack it on around the waist, it’s the least flattering form of weight. Since I dropped that excess, I can see – and feel – the difference. I’ve had to use an extra notch on my belt, AND the necessity of the belt was not a factor earlier in the year.

I’m sure some of this technology was around 5-10 years ago, but I’m pretty surprised, and entertained with what I get now with my Garmin. I’ve plugged into my Garmin that I’m running the Chicago Marathon in October and that I’d like to target a 4:45:00 finish time. With this data, the watch is giving me a training schedule and a record of progress.

 On another note if the images are confusing, don't think too hard on them. I didn't have any other images that fit this post so they're simply placeholders.

 If you haven't donated to my fundrasing page, please consider giving up $5 or so.  I really appreciate your support.
https://fundraisers.hakuapp.com/andrew-wilson-2

Cheers!



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Postcards from Malaysia IV: The Borneo Blog.

Postcards from Malaysia part 1: Stinkhorns and tigers and bureaucrats oh my!

Making my comeback! A return to the Chicago Marathon.